Monday, August 17, 2020

Ali Asgar EXCLUSIVE On Quitting The Kapil Sharma Show: “My Character Was Not Progressing…”

Ali Asgar EXCLUSIVE On Quitting The Kapil Sharma Show: “My Character Was Not Progressing..."
Ali Asgar EXCLUSIVE On Quitting The Kapil Sharma Show: “My Character Was Not Progressing…” (Pic credit: Instagram/kapilsharma)

Ali Asgar is one of the most loved actors of Indian Television. He has been away from our television screens for quite some time now, and fans have been desperately wanting him to make a comeback. Well, the actor is back with a bang!

Ali is all set to play the role of Akbar in Star Bharat’s new show ‘Akbar Ka Bal Birbal’. We got a chance to interact with the star who is ecstatic and honoured to play a strong character like Akbar in his upcoming show.

Even though the comedy king, has played several characters in the past, his portrayal of Dadi in Comedy Nights With Kapil and Nani in The Kapil Sharma Show was loved the most. Fans were disheartened when Ali parted ways with Kapil and his show.

When we asked the Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki actor about the reason behind him quitting The Kapil Sharma Show, he spoke his heart out. Ali said, “My character was not progressing in any way, especially in the second season. I used to say to myself, that hello! I am not just a stand-up comedian, I am an actor. Now if I continuously keep doing female characters then how will it work?”

He further added, “In the process of playing these female characters, I had lost my own identity. No doubt, it gave me a very big name, Dadi gave me a big name, it gave me a big platform and everything, I am not denying it and I am not complaining about it, but I just don’t want to do that only. So I thought that this will keep going and people will never take me seriously as an actor unless I say no or stop playing female characters.”

There were several reports which said that Ali Asgar quit The Kapil Sharma Show after the mid-air fight between Kapil and Sunil Grover. But these rumours were put to rest when Ali gave a different reason altogether behind bidding goodbye to the show.

Later when the actor was again seen playing a female character in Sunil Grover’s show Kanpur Wale Khuranas, Kapil had expressed his anger. The comedian spoke to media and said that If Ali had to play a female character then what was wrong with The Kapil Sharma Show?

We couldn’t avoid asking Ali to react to this, since we never heard him talk much about it. Ali said, “Now it is his view, I would not say anything because I don’t know in which context has he said this.”

Since the Jeannie Aur Juju actor is so keen on not playing a female character anymore, we asked him if he would unite with Kapil anytime in future if offered a male character? To which, Ali confidently replied, “Right now if you ask me, I think my show Akbar Ka Bal Birbal will run for the next 5 years. Also, we do not know what will happen in future, did you know about COVID-19? Or did you know that we would be sitting at home for 4 months? So in short, nobody knows what will happen in future. Anyway, whatever I plan goes for a toss so right now it is Akbar for me, my mind my body my soul, aage ka aage dekhenge.”

We love your confidence, Ali. And we wish you all the best for your new show ‘Akbar Ka Bal Birbal’.

Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!

The post Ali Asgar EXCLUSIVE On Quitting The Kapil Sharma Show: “My Character Was Not Progressing…” appeared first on Koimoi.



from RSSMix.com Mix ID 8291207 https://ift.tt/344kpwF

No comments:

Post a Comment